Now Hiring Archaeological Field Technicians
ASC Group, Inc., a cultural and environmental resources consulting firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with satellite offices in Cleveland, Indianapolis, IN, and Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, PA has openings for Archaeological Field Technicians in our Indianapolis, IN office for seasonal project work. Field technicians will be working under the supervision of a Field Supervisor and/or Principal Investigator. Projects will include Phase I work and require Field Techs who can navigate varying terrain and outside weather conditions.
Minimum requirements include an Bachelor degree in Archaeology or a related field; field school or archaeological field experience (previous work in Cultural Resource Management preferred); good organizational skills; and ability to maintain neat and accurate field notes. Computer literacy and experience with GPS a plus. We pay a competitive hourly rate and overnight projects include per diem. You must have your own basic Personal Protective Equipment.
For consideration, send your resume in one of the following file formats: MS Word document (.doc), text (.txt), or rich text format (.rtf) including references with telephone contact information to Human Resources, ASC Group, Inc., 800 Freeway Drive North, Suite 101, Columbus, Ohio 43229; phone 614.310.3549, fax 614.268.7881; email: email@example.com
ASC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a non-smoking environment. This posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
Now Hiring Environmental Specialist
ASC Group, Inc., a certified, women-owned cultural and environmental resources consulting company, is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the role of full-time Environmental Specialist for our Harrisburg, PA office. The position requires good written and oral communications skills and the ability to work as part of a team. The position requires effective time-management, written communications skills, analytical, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be articulate with professional presence, and solid decision making, planning and organizational skills.
- Conducting wetland and waterways identification and delineations with minimal supervision and preparing the associated wetland reports.
- Plant and animal habitat surveys and preparing related reports and agency documentation with minimal supervision.
- Assisting with Phase I hazardous waste site investigations and writing Phase I Environmental Site Assessment reports.
- Preparing CEEs and BRPAs in the PennDOT ECMS system.
- Knowledge of PennDOT environmental procedures is required.
- Completing Waterway Permits – Section 404 and Section 401.
- Coordinating with project managers regarding project status.
- Coordinate and communicate with client and regulatory agencies regarding projects.
- Some travel will be required with occasional overnight stays.
- Assist with light marketing.
- Assist in proposal preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a BS in ecology, biology, environmental science, or similar field. A minimum of five years’ experience is preferred. Strong professional/technical writing, communication, and computer skills are required for this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Must have or obtain a valid driver's license.
Experience with benthic macroinvertebrate studies and wetland mitigation methodology would be a plus, in addition to having a 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, PA asbestos and/or lead inspector licenses, GIS experience, and field/GPS experience.
In addition to competitive compensation, ASC Group offers medical/dental/vision benefits and paid time off. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your salary expectations, along with a résumé, to HR@ascgroup.net
ASC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.