We are seeking an experienced Ecologist to join our team in our Harrisburg, Pennsylvania office. The right person will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, EAP, and HRA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- A fast-paced, engaging office
- A collaborative team and excellent work environment
- Paid holidays and vacation
- A professional network that extends throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest
- Opportunity to work with established and upcoming industry professionals
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Conduct wetland and waterways identification and delineations in the field with minimal supervision, interpretation of collected field data and preparation of the associated wetland and waterways reports per the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual, Technical Report Y-87-1 (1987), relevant USACE Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual, and USACE National List of Plants;
- Completing State and Federal Waterway Permits – Section 404 and Section 401.
- Coordinating with project manager regarding project status;
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and regulatory agencies regarding projects;
- Some travel will be required with occasional overnight stays; work is conducted in both indoor and outdoor environments in various weather conditions and terrains year-round.
Additional Responsibilities include: assisting with light marketing and proposal preparation, as well as supporting the Environmental Team with various tasks such as Phase I hazardous waste site investigations, NEPA documentation (including CEEs and BRPAs), and associated fieldwork.
The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, or a similar field. Five years of related scientific experience is preferred, but we are willing to develop the right candidate with less experience. Strong professional/technical writing, communication, and computer skills are necessary for this position. Must have or obtain a valid driver’s license.
Working understanding of State and Federal regulations such as Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and relevant State Codes such as the Pennsylvania Code Title 25, Chapter 105: Dam Safety and Wetland Management and Chapter 93: Water Quality Regulations is necessary.
Experience with benthic macroinvertebrate studies and wetland mitigation methodology is a plus, as is a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification and/or a Pennsylvania bog turtle surveyor qualification. GIS experience and field/GPS experience is strongly preferred.
Our desired, well-rounded candidate will be able to prepare technical reports and proposals, coordinate and communicate with staff and clients regarding project status, maintain schedules and project budgets, and contribute to marketing efforts, as needed. Fieldwork may include overnight travel within Pennsylvania and neighboring states.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and no relocation is offered.
ASC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.