We are seeking an experienced candidate, who is familiar with U. S. Midwest prehistoric and/or historic archaeology, in either our Indianapolis, Indiana or Columbus, Ohio offices.. Candidates will be expected to prepare proposals, lead field investigations, conduct laboratory analysis, write reports, manage clients, and participate in general business development. Travel throughout the Midwest and surrounding states is expected and overnight and longer stays for field projects will be required. The expected salary range is $60,000-$75,000 as a full-time employee.
The right person will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A fast-paced, engaging office
- A collaborative team and excellent work environment
- Paid holidays and vacation
- A professional network that extends throughout the Midwest
- Training and professional development opportunities
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a Masters’ degree in archaeology and has a strong background in prehistoric and/or historic archaeology in the Midwest and Great Lakes regions.
- They will have 3-5 years of supervisory experience and a proven track record of leading successful surveys, site evaluations, and data recovery excavations.
- They will be prequalified, or will be able to become prequalified, to conduct all phases of archaeological investigation by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) or the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT).
- They will possess excellent written and oral communication skills. They will also possess the ability to conduct detailed research and synthesize data sets.
- They are familiar with standard office software packages and have the ability to work as a team member.
- Our desired, well-rounded candidate will be able to conduct a variety of field investigations, alone and under the direction of a Project Manager, in variable terrain and in all weather conditions.
- They will draft technical reports, assist with NEPA documents, coordinate and communicate project status, and maintain schedules and project budgets.
In-office attendance is a requirement; however, remote work for portions of each week is an option after the first 90 days based on job requirements.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. ASC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we would love to talk to you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is physically located in Indiana or Ohio and no relocation is offered. ASC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.